Dominic S. Carreira, M.D.
Dominic Carreira, M.D., joined Peachtree Orthopedics in 2017. He has been practicing with a focus in the areas of hip preservation and foot and ankle surgery for over 10 years. He is board certified by the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgery.
Dr. Carreira is a leader in orthopedics, with over 100 publications, lectures, and presentations, both nationally and internationally. Dr. Carreira has served as a surgical instructor in both hip arthroscopy and foot and ankle on over 30 occasions, including as an instructor in for the Arthroscopy Association of North America and the International Society of Hip Arthroscopy.
He has provided medical coverage for many college and pro sports teams, including the Miami Dolphins, Miami Marlins, Denver Broncos, U.S. Men's and Women's Ski Team, and the Chicago Blaze Pro Women's Basketball team. He has also served as a consultant for Cirque du Soleil and the Fort Lauderdale Strikers.
Dr. Carreira is fluent in Spanish.
- Hip Preservation
- Foot and ankle
- Sports Medicine
- Foot and Ankle Myerson Fellowship; Baltimore, MD (2007)
- Foot and Ankle Fellowship; Seattle, WA (2006)
- Sports Medicine and Hip Arthroscopy; Steadman-Hawkins; Vail, CO; (2005-2006)
- Rush University Medical Center (ranked #4 in orthopedics in US News and World Report), Chicago, IL; Orthopedic Surgery (2000-2005)
- University of Illinois at Chicago; Chicago, IL (2000)
- Honors: Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society Member (top 16% of graduating class)
- University of Notre Dame; South Bend, IN (1995)
Education and Training
Dr. Carreira graduated from the University of Notre Dame in 1995, and earned his M.D. from the University of Illinois at Chicago in 2000. He also completed three fellowships in sports medicine, hip preservation, and foot and ankle.
Dr. Carreira is proud to have been honored with a variety of distinguished honors, including Vitals' "Most Compassionate Doctor" and "Patients' Choice Award," the "Top Doctors in America," "Super Doctors of America," and "Top 40 under 40: Leaders of Fort Lauderdale/Broward County."
- International Society of Hip Arthroscopy
- American Orthopaedic Society of Foot and Ankle Surgery
- International Cartilage Research Society
- Arthroscopy Association of North America
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Orthopedic Foot and Ankle Society - Research committee member
- MASH (Multicenter Arthroscopy Study of the Hip) Study Group - President and Founder
- MASTAF (Multicenter Arthroscopy Study of the Ankle and Foot) - President and Founder
- International Ankle Instability Study Group - Member
- Georgia Orthopedic Society
Physicians - By NameMichael P. BERNOT, M.D.
James L. BESKIN, M.D.
Dominic S. CARREIRA, M.D.
Ezequiel CASSINELLI, M.D.
Wing K. CHANG, M.D.
John CHAO, M.D.
Xavier A. DURALDE, M.D.
Letha Y. GRIFFIN, M.D.
Timothy GRIFFITH, M.D.
Anuj GUPTA, M.D.
John D. HENRY, JR., M.D.
Lee A. KELLEY, M.D.
James S. KERCHER, M.D.
Scott KIMMERLY, M.D.
Daniel L. KINGLOFF, M.D.
Ashkan LAHIJI, M.D.
Donald F. LANGENBECK, M.D.
William G. LITTLEFIELD, M.D.
Walter B. MCCLELLAND, JR., M.D.
Stephen M. MCCOLLAM, M.D.
Allen MCDONALD, III, M.D.
Douglas H. MURRAY, M.D.
H. Herndon MURRAY, M.D.
Eric R. OSER, M.D.
Scott D. PENNINGTON, M.D.
Shevin D. POLLYDORE, M.D.
Ashok S. REDDY, M.D.
R. Marvin ROYSTER, M.D.
David A. SCHIFF, M.D.
Hal SILCOX, III, M.D.
Stephen W. SMITH, M.D.
Anil O. THOMAS, M.D.
Obi UGWONALI, M.D.
M. Jonathan YORK, M.D.