Michael P. Bernot, M.D.
Michael P. Bernot, M.D. joined Atlanta Orthopaedic Associates in 1992, and became a member of Peachtree Orthopedics when the practices merged in 1997. He is board certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery.
- Sports Medicine
- University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA; orthopedics
- Christ Hospital, Bone and Joint Institute, Cincinnati, OH; sports medicine
- University of Virginia School of Medicine, 1986, Charlottesville, VA
- Honors: Joseph Whitehead Surgery Scholarship
- Washington and Lee University, 1982, Lexington, VA
- Honors: Summa cum laude
Education and Training
Dr. Bernot graduated summa cum laude from Washington and Lee University in 1982. He earned his M.D. from the University of Virginia School Of Medicine in 1986. He completed his orthopedic training at the University of Pennsylvania. Dr. Bernot also completed a fellowship in sports medicine at the Christ Hospital, Bone and Joint Institute in Cincinnati, Ohio.
- Dr. Bernot will see patients age 10 and older and fractures in children age 7 and older.
- Dr. Bernot performs regenerative procedures, including the Lipogems procedure, placental biologic injections and Platelet Enriched Plasma (PRP) injections
Dr. Bernot Named 2017 Top Doctor by Atlanta Magazine
Who better to recommend a good doctor than another doctor? Each year, Atlanta Magazine asks hundreds of metro area doctors to name their most respected colleagues. Dr. Bernot has been named as one of Atlanta's top orthopedic surgeons for 2016 and 2017.
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Medical Association of Atlanta
- Medical Association of Georgia
- Atlanta Clinical Society
- Atlanta Orthopaedic Society
- Head team orthopedist, Atlanta Hawks, 1993-2016
- Previous team orthopedist: World Championship Figure Skating Competition, Cincinnati Cyclones hockey team, Cincinnati Bengals football team, and Miami University varsity athletics
- Venue director for the Olympic basketball and gymnastics venues during the 1996 Summer Olympic Games
- Team orthopedist, The Lovett School, Atlanta, GA
Physicians - By NameMichael P. BERNOT, M.D.
James L. BESKIN, M.D.
Dominic S. CARREIRA, M.D.
Ezequiel CASSINELLI, M.D.
Wing K. CHANG, M.D.
John CHAO, M.D.
Xavier A. DURALDE, M.D.
Letha Y. GRIFFIN, M.D.
Timothy GRIFFITH, M.D.
Anuj GUPTA, M.D.
John D. HENRY, JR., M.D.
Lee A. KELLEY, M.D.
James S. KERCHER, M.D.
Scott KIMMERLY, M.D.
Ashkan LAHIJI, M.D.
Donald F. LANGENBECK, M.D.
William G. LITTLEFIELD, M.D.
Walter B. MCCLELLAND, JR., M.D.
Stephen M. MCCOLLAM, M.D.
Allen MCDONALD, III, M.D.
Douglas H. MURRAY, M.D.
H. Herndon MURRAY, M.D.
Eric R. OSER, M.D.
Scott D. PENNINGTON, M.D.
Shevin D. POLLYDORE, M.D.
Ashok S. REDDY, M.D.
R. Marvin ROYSTER, M.D.
David A. SCHIFF, M.D.
Hal SILCOX, III, M.D.
Stephen W. SMITH, M.D.
Anil O. THOMAS, M.D.
Obi UGWONALI, M.D.
M. Jonathan YORK, M.D.