John Chao, M.D.
A native of Dallas, Texas, Dr. Chao joined Peachtree Orthopedics in 2013.
- Foot and Ankle Surgery
- Baylor University Medical Center, Dallas, TX; foot and ankle surgery
- University of Texas Southwestern and Parkland Memorial Hospital, Dallas, TX; orthopedic surgery
- University of Texas Southwestern, M.D., Dallas, TX
- Honors: Alpha Omega Alpha
- Rice University, B.A., biochemistry and cell biology, 2003, Houston, TX
- Honors: graduated magna cum laude; Phi Beta Kappa
Education and Training
Dr. Chao graduated magna cum laude from Rice University in Houston with a B.A. in biochemistry and cell biology in 2003. While at Rice University, he played club lacrosse and was inducted into the academic honor society Phi Beta Kappa. He completed medical school at the University of Texas Southwestern, where he received the T-35 institutional research grant and was inducted into Alpha Omega Alpha. He stayed in Dallas to complete his orthopedic surgery residency at the University of Texas Southwestern and Parkland Memorial Hospital, one of the busiest trauma hospitals in the nation. He also spent three months in Norwich, England, training at the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital, where he worked with international foot and ankle surgeons and developed a passion for soccer and international travel.
He also completed fellowship training in foot and ankle surgery at Baylor University Medical Center in Dallas, under the direction of Drs. James Brodsky, John Early, and Christian Royer. Dr. Chao specializes in operative and non-operative care of the foot and ankle, including total ankle replacement, ankle arthroscopy, bunion/hammertoe correction, tendon injuries in the foot and ankle, and other reconstructive procedures. Dr. Chao will see patients 7 and older.
Dr. Chao is board certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery. He has authored numerous scientific articles related to orthopedic surgery of the foot and ankle as well as bunion correction. Dr. Chao has been invited to lecture at the local, regional, and national level, and has ongoing publications pending in the orthopedic literature.
He is the orthopaedic foot and ankle physician for:
- Georgia State University Athletics
- Forsyth Central High School
- Georgia Swarm Lacrosse
- Atlanta Silverbacks Soccer
Click here to view Dr. Chao's CV.
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS)
- American Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Society (AOFAS)
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honors Medical Society (AOA)
- Georgia Orthopaedic Society (GOS)
- Atlanta Orthopaedic Society (AOS)
Physicians - By NameMichael P. BERNOT, M.D.
James L. BESKIN, M.D.
Dominic S. CARREIRA, M.D.
Ezequiel CASSINELLI, M.D.
Wing K. CHANG, M.D.
John CHAO, M.D.
Xavier A. DURALDE, M.D.
Letha Y. GRIFFIN, M.D.
Timothy GRIFFITH, M.D.
Anuj GUPTA, M.D.
John D. HENRY, JR., M.D.
Lee A. KELLEY, M.D.
James S. KERCHER, M.D.
Scott KIMMERLY, M.D.
Ashkan LAHIJI, M.D.
Donald F. LANGENBECK, M.D.
William G. LITTLEFIELD, M.D.
Walter B. MCCLELLAND, JR., M.D.
Stephen M. MCCOLLAM, M.D.
Allen MCDONALD, III, M.D.
Douglas H. MURRAY, M.D.
H. Herndon MURRAY, M.D.
Eric R. OSER, M.D.
Scott D. PENNINGTON, M.D.
Shevin D. POLLYDORE, M.D.
Ashok S. REDDY, M.D.
R. Marvin ROYSTER, M.D.
David A. SCHIFF, M.D.
Hal SILCOX, III, M.D.
Stephen W. SMITH, M.D.
Anil O. THOMAS, M.D.
Obi UGWONALI, M.D.
M. Jonathan YORK, M.D.