Anil O. Thomas, M.D.
Anil O. Thomas, M.D., joined Peachtree Orthopedics in September, 2014.
- Total hip and knee replacement surgery
- Revision hip and knee arthroplasty
- Unicompartmental (partial) knee replacement surgery
- Minimally invasive Direct Superior/SuperPATH total hip replacement surgery
- New England Baptist Hospital, Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Adult Reconstruction, 2014, Boston, MA
- Emory University, Orthopedic Surgery, 2013, Atlanta, GA
- University of Cincinnati, College of Medicine, M.D., 2008, Cincinnati, OH
- Case Western Reserve University, 2004, Cleveland, OH
Education and Training
Dr. Thomas received his B.A. in chemistry from Case Western Reserve University in Cleveland, Ohio. As an undergraduate, he was awarded with the Case Western Reserve University Trustee Scholarship. He then attended medical school at the University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, where he received the Edward M. Chester Research Scholarship. Dr. Thomas went on to complete his internship and residency in orthopedic surgery at Emory University.
He then completed the prestigious Otto AuFranc Fellowship in total hip and knee replacement surgery at New England Baptist Hospital in Boston, Massachusetts, There, Dr. Thomas studied under the direction of Drs. Richard Scott, Stephen Murphy, David Mattingly, James Bono, Dan Ward, Geoff VanFlandern, Donald Reilly, Carl Talmo, Jim Nairus, and Jeff Zarin. In his fellowship, Dr. Thomas was exposed to the latest techniques in minimally invasive hip and knee replacements, complex primary hip and knee replacements, revision hip and knee arthroplasty, and navigation-assisted total knee and hip surgery.
For a detailed list of Dr. Thomas' academic publications and presentations, please click here to see his curriculum vitae.
Message from a Grateful Patient
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons
- Atlanta Orthopedic Society
- International Society of Technology in Arthroplasty
Actual Patient Reviews
Physicians - By NameMichael P. BERNOT, M.D.
Dominic S. CARREIRA, M.D.
Ezequiel CASSINELLI, M.D.
Wing K. CHANG, M.D.
John CHAO, M.D.
Xavier A. DURALDE, M.D.
Letha Y. GRIFFIN, M.D.
Timothy GRIFFITH, M.D.
Anuj GUPTA, M.D.
John D. HENRY, JR., M.D.
Lee A. KELLEY, M.D.
James S. KERCHER, M.D.
Scott KIMMERLY, M.D.
Ashkan LAHIJI, M.D.
Donald F. LANGENBECK, M.D.
William G. LITTLEFIELD, M.D.
Walter B. MCCLELLAND, JR., M.D.
Stephen M. MCCOLLAM, M.D.
Allen MCDONALD, III, M.D.
Douglas H. MURRAY, M.D.
H. Herndon MURRAY, M.D.
Eric R. OSER, M.D.
Scott D. PENNINGTON, M.D.
Shevin D. POLLYDORE, M.D.
Ashok S. REDDY, M.D.
R. Marvin ROYSTER, M.D.
David A. SCHIFF, M.D.
Hal SILCOX, III, M.D.
Stephen W. SMITH, M.D.
Neil TARABADKAR, M.D.
Anil O. THOMAS, M.D.
Obi UGWONALI, M.D.
M. Jonathan YORK, M.D.